What is a Cold Sore?
A cold sore is a common condition caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus that manifests itself in liquid-filled blisters around the lips, nose or chin.
How do I use Compeed Cold Sore Patch?
You can use the CompeedDiscreet Cold Sore patch at any stage of an outbreak. However, it is best to apply at the first sign of an outbreak – usually a tingling or itching sensation.
Wash your hands before and after applying the Compeed Discreet Cold Sore patch.
Compeed Discreet Cold Sore patch should be used 24 hours a day until the sore is healed* .
A patch will naturally detach after approximately 8 hours and should then be replaced with a new one.
Don’t remove the patch because you want the sore to ‘breathe’. This is actually counter-productive and can lengthen the healing* process. Keeping the patch on is clinically proven to ensure the optimal healing* environment is maintained.
* healing of the cold sore lesion
How does a Compeed Cold Sore Patch work?
Compeed Discreet Cold Sore Patch treatment is the original invisible healing patch for cold sores. Its Hydrocolloid-075 technology is an active gel that acts like a second skin. It seals your cold sore to accelerate your body’s natural healing mechanism.
Compeed Discreet Cold Sore Patch treatment:
* provides up to 12 hours non-stop action from Day 1 – to heal fast.
• The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.
• Each invisible patch creates an optimal healing environment and stays in place for up to 12 hours.
For best results start using when you first feel a tingle and continue using a patch day and night throughout the outbreak until the lesion is fully healed.
* In a clinical study involving 174 subjects 25% of the subjects had a wear time of 12 hours or more. Individual experiences may vary.
** The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.
Suitable altervatives available for cold sore treatment: Zovirax cream pump 2g