Directions for Use
Use it only on warts, verrucas, corns and calluses on sites for which it is recommended.
For adults, children and the elderly:
Follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on using the product in this way until the wart, verruca, corn or callus disappears:
A. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
B. Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help stop the infection spreading to other people).
C. Gently rub away any loose, hard skin from the surface of the wart, verruca, corn or callus with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone:
– if you are treating a wart or verruca, do not let anyone else use the emery board or
pumice stone after you as the infection may spread to them.
D. Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to the inside of the cap, carefully apply a few drops of the paint to the top of the wart, verruca, corn or callus only:
– avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin;
– allow each drop to dry for a few minutes before applying the next drop.
E. If the treated area is on the sole of the foot, cover it with an adhesive plaster to help prevent the virus from spreading. Elsewhere, treated areas need not be covered.
F. Always replace the cap of the bottle tightly after use.
G. Repeat steps A to F every evening, after removing any plaster from the previous day.
H. The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart, verruca, corn or callus:
– some may go in a relatively short time;
– some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
– it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs, see section 4 below);
– if the wart, verruca, corn or callus has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment tell your doctor or pharmacist
The active ingredients are salicylic acid (16.7% w/w) and lactic acid (16.7% w/w).
The other ingredients are pyroxylin, colophony, castor oil, industrial methylated spirit
What Salactol looks like and contents of the pack
This amber glass bottle contains 10 ml of collodian wart paint. The paint is colourless or
pale yellow/brown. The bottle cap incorporates a specially designed applicator spatula.