What are Strepsils Intensive?
Strepsils Intensive provides fast, effective pain relief without a numbing sensation. It contains the anti-inflammatory and analgesic flurbiprofen, which works for up to 4 hours to relieve throat soreness and helps eliminate painful swelling and tenderness of the throat.
Directions for Use:
Adults and Children over 12 years: Suck one lozenge slowly every 3-6 hours, as required. Move the lozenge around your mouth occasionally as you suck it.
Do not take more than 5 Strepsils Intensive lozenges in any 24 hour period.
Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
Each lozenge contains flurbiprofen 8.75 m.g
Cautions & Warnings
Do not take these lozenges if you
• have or have ever had a stomach ulcer
• are allergic to flurbiprofen, aspirin or other NSAIDs or any of the other ingredients
(see Section 6)
• have previously experienced gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation whilst taking
• have ever had wheezing, a runny nose or an itchy rash (hives) after taking aspirin,
flurbiprofen or medicines containing NSAIDs
• are under 12 years old.
• have ever had heart failure
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking Strepsils Intensive Lozenges if you
• have or have ever had asthma
• have kidney, heart or liver problems
• have high blood pressure
• have blood clotting problems
• have a history of ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
• have diabetes
• are (or may be) pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Medicines such as Strepsils Intensive may be associated with a small increased risk of
heart attack (myocardial infarction) or stroke. Any risk is more likely with high doses and
prolonged treatment. Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment
(3 days). Therefore if you have heart problems, previous stroke or think that you might be at
risk of those conditions (for example, if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high
cholesterol or are a smoker) you should discuss your treatment with your doctor or