Dosage & Instructions for Usage
Adults and the Edlerly over 18 years of age: The strength of the patch to be used will depend on the smoking habit of the individual. In general, if you smoke few than 20 cigarettes daily it is recommended that you start on the 15mg Invisi Patch and then step down to 10mg Invisi Patch. If more than 20 cigarettes per day are smoked it is recommended to start on the 25mg Invisi Patch and then step down to the Nicorette 15mg and 10mg Invisi Patch. A quick reference guide can be seen below:
|Dose Regimen||Duration||Dose Regimen||Duration|
|Step 1||Nicorette Invisi Patch 25mg||First 8 weeks|
|Step 2||Niorette Invisi Patch 15mg||Next 2 weeks||Step 2||Nicorette Patch 15mg||First 8 weeks|
|Step 3||Nicorette Invisi Patch 10mg||Last 2 weeks||Step 3||Nicorette Patch 10mg||Last 4 weeks|
The patch should be applied to an intact hairless piece of skin upon waking up in the morning and removed at bedtime. Patch treatment mimics the fluctations of nicotine over the day in smokers, with no nicotine administration during sleep. Daytime nicotine patch treatment does not give the nicotine induced sleep disturbances seen with nicotine administration during sleep.
Heavy smokers are recommended to start at Step 1 with the 25mg/16 hours patch and use one patch daily for 8 weeks.
Gradual weaning from the patch should then be initiated. One 15mg/16 hours patch should be used daily for 2 weeks followed by one 10mg/16 hours patch daily for 2 weeks
Light smokers are recommended to start at Step 2 (15mg) for 8 weeks and decrease the dose to Step 3 (10mg) for the final 4 weeks.
How to apply the patch
Nicorette Invisi Patch should be applied to clean, dry intact areas of hairless skin, for example on the hip, upper arm, or chest. These areas should be varied each day and the same site should not be used on consecutive days.
- Wash your hands before applying the patch.
- Cut open the pouch with scissors along the side, as indicated. Select a clean, dry, hairless intact area of skin, such as the hip, upper arm or chest.
- Peel one part pf the silvery aluminium backing away as far as possible. Avoid touching the sticky surface of the patch with your fingers, as far as possible.
- Apply the sticky part of the patch carefully onto the skin and peel off the remaining half of the silvery aluminium backing.
- Press the patch firmly onto the skin with your palm or finger-tips.
- Rub your fingers firmly round the edge to ensure that the patch sticks firmly.
After removal, usedpatches shold be disposed of carefully.