Directions for Use
How much to take
• The recommended dose is one tablet a day.
• Do not take more than this recommended dose of one tablet (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement
• You may need to take the tablets for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn
and acid regurgitation) get better.
• The treatment length is up to 14 days.
• When your reflux symptoms have completely gone you should stop taking this medicine.
• If your reflux symptoms get worse or do not improve after taking this medicine for 14 days in a row, you should
consult a doctor.
If you have persistent or longstanding, frequently recurring symptoms even after treatment with this medicine, you
should contact your doctor.
Taking this medicine
• You can take your tablet at any time of the day either with food or on an empty stomach.
• Swallow your tablet whole with half a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablet. This is because the tablet contains
coated pellets, which stop the medicine from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. It is important not to
damage the pellets.
Alternative method of taking this medicine
• Put the tablet in a glass of still (non-fizzy) water. Do not use any other liquids.
• Stir until the tablet breaks up (the mixture will not be clear) then drink the mixture straight away or within
30 minutes. Always stir the mixture just before drinking it.
• To make sure that you have drunk all of the medicine, rinse the glass very well with half a glass of water and drink
it. The solid pieces contain the medicine – do not chew or crush them
Please read the patient information leaflet above to get more information as to side effects, precautions of use etc.