How to Use
Always use this medicine exactly as described or as advised by your doctor or pharmacist. The gel is for external use only.
Adults and children over 14 years old:
- Before using for the first time, open as follows:
Reverse the cap, engage with the nozzle, twist and remove the seal from the tube.
- Gently rub a small amount of gel into the skin around the painful or swollen area. The amount of gel needed will varydepending upon the size of the painful or swollen area. Usually, a quantity the size of a cherry or a walnut will be sufficient.
- You can apply the gel 3 to 4 times a day unless your doctor or pharmacist tells you otherwise. You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel into the skin. Do not rub the gel into cuts, open wounds or any other area where the skin is abnormal.
- After rubbing the gel into the skin, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster.
- Be careful not to get the gel in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes with clean water and tell your doctor.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in the gel (unless they are the site being treated). You should not use this gel for more than 7 days. If your symptoms get worse or do not improve, tell your doctor
Children: this medicine is NOT recommended for use inchildren under 14 years of age. In children aged 14 years and over, if this product is required for more than 7 days for pain relief or if the symptoms worsen the patient/parents of the adolescent is/are advised to consult a doctor.
If you use more Voltarol Emulgel P 1% w/w Gel than you should.
If you use more Voltarol Emulgel P 1% w/w Gel than you
should, wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue. If you or a child accidentally swallows Voltarol Emulgel P 1% w/w Gel, contact your doctor or accident and emergency
If you forget to use Voltarol Emulgel P 1% w/w Gel
If you miss your application of Voltarol Emulgel P 1% w/w Gel at the correct time, apply it as soon as you remember then carry on as normal. Do not apply a double quantity to make up for a forgotten application. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your pharmacist.