Who is it for?
For Those On Antibiotics is for anyone looking to buy a high-quality friendly bacteria supplement developed & proven especially to be taken alongside a course of antibiotics.
Optibac Probiotics Strains
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11
- Bifidobacterium lactis Lafti B94
- Lactobacillus acidophilus/helveticus Rosell-52
- The three strains contained in this supplement are very well researched and have been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics
- Each capsule provides 4.5 billion good bacteria and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- With strains scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut, even when taken with antibiotics
- Complements the flora naturally present in your gut
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- Suitable from 1 year onwards. For those unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents with cool drink/food
- Recommended for daily use over the course of 10 days alongside a typical course of antibiotics
- Can be used on an ongoing basis for those on long term antibiotics
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 & Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 have been shown to increase immune cell activity
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures
- Update April 2021: now also with Bifidobacterium lactis Lafti B94 and providing 4.5 billion live cultures per capsule (previously 4 billion)
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in one pack size of 10 capsules – serving size: one capsule a day.
How to Use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children, from 1 year onwards, with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, every day during your antibiotic course and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed.
- Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics – strains in this product have been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics and found to reach the gut alive.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents of the capsule with a cool meal or beverage.
- Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care. Keep out of reach of children.
This is a dietary supplement and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Probiotic supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Bifidobacterium lactis Lafti B94, Lactobacillus acidophilus/helveticus Rosell-52
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid
Each capsule guarantees 4.5 billion live cultures.
- No dairy
- Gluten free
- Yeast free
- Suitable during pregnancy
- Suitable during breastfeeding
- GMO free
- Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives
- No chemicals or parabens
- Sugar free
Following the taxonomic updates advised by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, a reclassification has been proposed for the L. rhamnosus species. The L. rhamnosus strain in For Those On Antibiotics may therefore now also be known as Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11.