Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred from one person to another.
Glutarol Wart & Verruca Treatment (10ml)
Glutarol is a paint for treating warts and verrucas.
- Glutarol is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
- The active ingredient in this product is glutaraldehyde.
- The active ingredient works by:
– killing the virus that causes the wart or verruca;
– drying the wart / verruca and surrounding skin, so helping to prevent the infection from spreading.
Out of stock
How do I use it?
Only use Glutarol on warts and verrucas for which your doctor or pharmacist has
For adults, children and the elderly:
Repeat the following twice daily
A. Soak the affected area in hot, soapy water for 2 to 3 minutes.
Dry the area well with your own towel (this will help stop the infection from spreading to other people).
C. Gently rub away any loose hard skin from the surface of the wart or verruca with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone;
– do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone as the infection may spread to them.
D. Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to the insde of the cap, carefully apply two coats of the paint to the top of the wart or verruca only.
- Avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin
- Allow the first coat to dry for a few minutes before applying the second coat.
E. There is no need to cover the wart or verruca with a plaster.
F. The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart and verruca:
- some may go in a relatively short time;
- some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
- It is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, or verruca has disappeared (unless irratation occurs)
- If you have concerns about the wart or verruca during treatment seek advice from your pharmacist or doctor; If the wart or verruca has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment ask your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
The active ingredient is glutaraldehyde (10% w/v).
The other ingredients are purified water and industrial methylated spirit.
What Glutarol looks like and contents of the pack
The product is a clear colourless cutaneous solution. The product is available in amberglass bottles containing 10 ml of solution. The bottle cap incorporates a specially designed applicator spatula.