What do I do if a tooth becomes dislodged?
If a tooth is dislodged, collect the tooth and do not try to clean it. Fill the empty tooth saver container with milk or your own saliva. Place broken or whole tooth in container making certain that milk or saliva is completely covering the tooth. Contact your dentist immediately. Chances of successful replantation are best if you see the dentist within 1 hour of incident.
What do I do if I loose a temporary filling, crown, cap or inlay?
The container labelled Temparin Max contains a remedy meant to replace a lost filling, cap, crown or inlay until you have a chance to visit your dentist.
How soon should I visit a dentist after using the temporay filling kit?
It is best to see your dentist within 48 hours of applying the temporary filling where possible.
How do I replace a lost filling?
- Wash the cavity area with warm water to remoave any food particles. Saturate tip of a fresh cotton swab applicator with liquid from the Eugenol Vial and apply to tooth. Avoid touching surrounding gum tissue, cheek, or tongue with wet applicator tip.
- Do not leave applicator in mouth.
- The Eugenol will help the filling material set up and adhere to the tooth enamel.
- Cut with spade tool or pinch a small amount of Temparin Max from the vial, and roll into a ball between fingers. Slightly overfill the cavity with Temparin Max and tamp into place using applicator tool tip.
- Close your teeth together, as if you were biting down on a piece of paper, and gently chew or grind on the replaced filling a couple of times to create a comfortable bite. Moisture will accelerate the set. Temparin Max will set softly in your mouth wihtin a few minutes, but avoid chewing on the repair for 2-3 hours to allow the material to fully set.
How do I secure loose crowns, caps or inlays?
- Try the crown, cap or inlay first to see if you can fit it accurately back onto the tooth surface. If you are unable to do so or the remaining tooth is broken do not proceed any further.
- Carefully rinse the tooth area and the inside of the crown, cap, or inlay with warm water, and do not dry.
- Cut with spade or pich a small amount of Temparin Max from the vial, roll into a ball between the fingers, and place evenly inside the crown , cap or inlay.
- Place the crown, cap, or inlay on the tooth and bite down, applying pressure to push into position. Temparin Max will begin to harden within a few minutes, but avoid chewing on the repair for 2-3 hours to allow the material to fully set. Use a toothbrush to gently clear any excess material from around the crown, cap or inlay.