Dosage and Usage Instructions
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your
doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Always shake well before use. Only use in the nose. Do not swallow.
BECONASE HAY FEVER Relief quickly starts to reduce inflammation and swelling in your
nose, although it may take 2 or 3 days to build up to its maximum protective effect. You
should use the spray regularly to get the best results from it.
Adults aged 18 years and over:
Spray two puffs into each nostril every morning and evening.
Once your symptoms have improved, you may be able to reduce the dose to one spray into
each nostril every morning and evening.
Do not use more than 8 sprays (400 micrograms) in a day.Use the lowest dose possible to control your symptoms.
- If your symptoms do not improve with 7 days, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose.
If you use too many sprays
Tell your doctor.
If you forget to use the spray
Take your next dose at the usual time. Never take two doses together.
Before using a new bottle of BECONASE HAY FEVER:
- Your BECONASE HAY FEVER spray has a dust cap which protects the nozzle and
keeps it clean. Remember to take it off before you use the spray.
- Before you start to use a new bottle of BECONASE HAY FEVER, or if you have not
used the spray for a few days, press the pump down several times until you get a fine
- Hold the bottle as shown with your forefinger and middle finger on the collar either
side of the nozzle and your thumb underneath the bottle.
- Keeping your thumb still, press down with your fingers to pump the spray.
- When doing this make sure you do not point the nozzle at yourself or someone else.
- If the spray still doesn’t work, try to clean it as described under the ‘To clean the
spray’ section. Do not try to unblock or enlarge the tiny spray hole with a pin or other
sharp objects because this will destroy the spray mechanism.
Using BECONASE HAY FEVER:
1. Shake the bottle well and remove the dust cap.
2. Blow your nose gently.
3. Close one nostril as shown and put the nozzle in the other nostril. Tilt your head
forward slightly and keep the bottle upright. Hold the bottle as shown. [ Picture 3 ] 4. Start to breathe in slowly through your nose. While you are breathing in, squirt a
spray of fine mist into your nostril by pressing down firmly on the collar with your
5. Breathe out through your mouth. Repeat step 4 to take a second spray in the same
6. Remove the nozzle from this nostril and breathe out through your mouth. [ Picture 4 ] 7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for the other nostril. [ Picture 5 ] 8. After using the spray, wipe the nozzle carefully with a clean tissue or handkerchief
and replace the dust cap.
To clean the spray:
1. Take the dust cap off.
2. Pull upwards on the white collar to remove the nozzle [ Picture 6 ] 3. Soak the nozzle and dust cap in warm water for a few minutes and then rinse under
a running tap.
4. Shake off the excess water and allow to dry in a warm place – not too hot!
5. Re-fit the nozzle.
6. If necessary, press the pump down several times until you get a fine spray