Health u0026amp; Wellbeing
Smoking is the greatest single preventative cause of death in Ireland.
Every year, nearly 7,000 people die in Ireland from smoking related diseases, this is ten times the number killed each year on our roads.
There is no good or bad time to give up smoking. At Pharmhealth, we have highly skilled and trained staff to help you to quit smoking.
What we can do for you:
Give you a ‘One to One’ initial consultation. During this process, we will be able to identify your smoking habits and recommend a personalised smoking cessation plan for you.*
- We will take an initial breathing test from you to identify your lung’s current health before your attempt to stop smoking. This test will give you a rough estimate on your current lung age along with other scientific data which gives a picture of your lung’s current health.*
- We will take an initial breath test from you to identify the current Carbon Monoxide levels in an exhaled breath. This result will give you an idea of the levels of Carbon Monoxide levels in your blood. This procedure can be repeated on a weekly basis for you. It will identify to us whether you are ‘sticking to your personalised plan or whether you have had a setback. You cannot lie with this test.*
*The above consultation for this service is available Free of Charge provided that any smoking cessation plan given is purchased through the pharmacy. Otherwise a fee of €25 will apply.
Weight Management and Obesity has been a growing issue over the last number of years. At Pharmhealth we have a number of measures to help you manage your weight in a healthy approach.
- During our Consultation we will:
- Take your current Body Mass Index (B.M.I) by measuring your current weight and height.
- Take your waist measurement using a tape measure
- Discuss your target goals and ambitions
- Agree on realistic achievable goals and objectives
- Discuss your current diet and level of exercise
- Discuss food supplements and food substitutes which may be beneficial as part of your weight management programme.
- Agree on a weekly/fortnightly consult to review your progress.
Feel free to call in and ask a member of staff for further details.